Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day #258 - Mirror Lake

Yesterday I took work off. It appears I have over 3 weeks of vacation I MUST take by the end of the year or I will lose it. I told my boss to say "bye bye" for a while because I refuse to lose my vacation days. A 3 day weekend, two weeks in a row, works for me.

Friday morning I slept in...woke up, cooked breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, read a book and THEN got ready for my day. It was lovely. When Trav got back from his bike ride he suggested a car ride to Mirror Lake. I jumped at the chance.

It only took about 40 minutes to get up to the top of Mirror Lake Hwy (don't call it a Canyon...it is NOT a Canyon) to Bald Mountain and then only about 10 minutes more to Mirror Lake camping ground. Trav and I are already making plans to invite my family out for a Summer camp out next year (camp sites above #41 - 60ish are by the lake). It was beautiful. Yesterday was such a great day - I couldn't have asked for better.


I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The time to relax is when you don't have time for it."  ~Attributed to both Jim Goodwin and Sydney J. Harris

2 comments:

  1. You sound like Kev, he has vacation time coming out his ears....he cannot accru any more. The only problem is that they won't let him take it, well then get it paid out, nope, they won't do that either. OK....somethin ain't right here. What's new???

    That did sound like a great day. Perf.

    The boys saw your picture collage and were totally stoked, surprised, to see Trav and his big yellow cup again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they saw the cup...He did it just for them. :)

    Kev should talk to an attorney...that really doesn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete