Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day #252 - The Long Way Home

Today I came home from work, picked up Travis and drove right back down the Canyon for my work picnic/Summer party. We got there a bit late hung out with a few people and tried to at least talk to everyone for a minute and left after about an hour. Dinner was yummy and it is always fun to see work mates outside the office with their families that you only get to hear about. The best part of the night was Carrie getting stung by a bee on her lip...how does that even happen?

On the way home Travis suggested we go up Big Cottonwood Canyon and over Guardsman's Pass then thru Park City Main Street on to home. We knew it would be a longer drive, but the night was still bright and it was beautiful out.

What a fabulous drive. Steep Mountain peaks to sunset views of Mountain Ranges to open fields to steep roads w/drop offs to the side, that made me clench my teeth and duck my head, to Deer Valley Resort and Park City Main Street w/all the temporary outside deck seating, lots of people, mood lighting, shops lit up w/ambiance...it was a fabulous drive and a great way to spend a weeknight. Sometimes the long way is the best way...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "I've been a long time coming, and I'll be a long time gone. You've got your whole life to do something, and that's not very long." Ani Difranco

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if it was the best part of the night for Carrie.....? Doubts. That is absurd. Bees are punks. The only two (knock on wood now) places I have been stung are on my lower butt cheek, and in-between my toes. OUch!! Sounds like an amazing ride. Way to take advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you should give bees a wider bearth...Or watch where you're sitting.

    ReplyDelete