Monday, August 8, 2011

Day #250 - Visitors - Episode 1

My baby sister Keri, her husband Golden and their baby Seerie came to visit on Saturday night. We talked them into staying over (why have a guest room if you never get to use it) and it was fun to catch up. It got a little stressful at times with the baby running after Bart's tail when we weren't looking and when she was out on the deck for ONE second and ran straight over to the uncovered outlet with her pointing finger headed right for the socket, but Seerie is at that more then cute stage where she sort of gets what you are asking her and says "yes" to almost everything, but just shakes her head or screams for "no".

It is fun to watch my siblings be parents. I can see their perfection AND their flaws as they do their best not to loose patience and make the best decisions, but ALWAYS it is about the kid. I love to see my spoiled baby sister be a caring and concerned Mom. Oh, I don't mean she wasn't always sweet and kind, etc. But she and Chuck were the babies and everyone knows the babies get treated differently then the oldest kids. I am just a middle child - that is probably why I am so well adjusted (LOL).

Keri left for Las Vegas today WITHOUT the baby or Golden who usually go with her while she does hair for a week at a time once per month. She was pretty worried about leaving her little baby and got teary when she talked about it. I hope she is doing ok and that Golden is surviving without her - at any rate I am thinking about them all.

Here are a few photos:

Golden and Keri freezing on the deck on an August night,
but we can't bring ourselves to sit inside instead


Seerie in her Big Girl Chair


I'm in love with this photo - Travis and Seerie - SOOOO CUTE!


It is always fun to have visitors...come over anytime!!! At least when the house is clean :)

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you are a host to your guest, be a host to his dog also."  ~Russian Proverb

Just for you Aesop...




1 comment:

  1. "just a middle child".....nice one. The quote is truly just for Aesop. I am interested also to see how they all do during the separation. Yikes! She will be a lonely girl....Keri I mean. Sounds like a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete