Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day #262 - Choose Easy

I saw my friend tonight who has a daughter that got pregnant and is having a baby within weeks after she turns 20. At least she is out of high school, but it is still awful young and several of her friends already have babies. When I walked in the shop to get my hair cut she was there in tears because she was having trouble with her boyfriend who is also 19. I told her, in my all knowing way (ha ha), that she chose hard and it was going to be hard. I don't say this from a moral standpoint, only a life choice standpoint.

I don't kid myself that I always choose easy and looking at it now, would it be so terrible if I had a 17 year old kid? It is easy to look back and think of all the things I would choose differently, but looking back can be such a disaster...so, no matter what the choices have been there is only one thing to do...look forward; forge ahead and maybe choose easy next time.

Today's quote goes with the post:

 "There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them" Denis Waitley

Maybe the easy choice is to move forward through the hard choices...life is such a circle, isn't it?

I Am Grateful,
HB

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is a bummer to see people you know take the hard road time and again.....and not in the good way like Mother T is suggesting. Makes life look tough alright.....I am way too lazy to make life any more difficult and dramatic than it already is.

    ReplyDelete