Monday, August 22, 2011

Day #260 - Ooops

I was just about to make my way to bed, brushed my teeth (in the main bath), accidentally swallowed some mouth wash while swishing (gross), filled up my water glass and turned away from the sink and somehow smelled, with my plugged up right nostril, gas...I ALMOST dismissed it, but my mind was like, "hey, now...that's not right, just check" and sure enough the gas range was on just the tiniest bit from when we were trying to keep the homemade bbq sauce hot, but not boiling, while the rice finished cooking. I guess the flame went out since it was so low and the gas was on since about 7 p.m. What is that? 3.5 hours.

I turned on the fan for 10 minutes and opened a window and now I sit here typing thinking about all the "what if's". Pretty creepy to think of ALL the things that could have happened. I was just sitting at the kitchen table reading my new Good Housekeeping Magazine to find out why Merideth Viera REALLY left the Today Show and I could have been blown away...just like that.

Let that be a reminder...check the stove, turn off the curling iron, don't leave the iron plugged in, be sure to remove the lint from your dryer, move the grill away from the side of the house and be sure to be grateful for that sniffer, even when it only half works.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you ever find happiness by hunting for it, you will find it, as the old woman did her lost spectacles, safe on her own nose all the time." Josh Billings

1 comment:

  1. Close call.....good on ya. Sounds like you were being looked after on that one. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete