Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day #264 - All the Words

Don't you love it when you hear a song and know EVERY word to it? "Somebody" by Depeche Mode is like that for me. Depeche Mode was my first real concert that I went to and I know most of the words to ALL their songs on the Black Celebration album. It was the first tape I bought also. I would sit and rewind that song over and over until I had it memorized and then again so I could sing it loud and proud.

Then there are those songs that I REALLY want to know every word, like "Under Pressure" by Queen & David Bowie. For some reason I can't get those down, but I really like the song. Travis and I will often just sit out on our deck listening to music and this is one of our favorites lately.

Trav and I both also like Neil Diamond - mostly just the popular songs. Once on a long driving trip we put in the CD and had a competition of who knew the most words to the songs; it was actually pretty fun. Travis also has a secret love of The Carpenters - he can spot a Carpenter song from the first bar and knows even the more obscure songs from heart.

I just spent the better part of 2 hours creating some music discs to listen to at work, so music is on my mind, and it really bought me back w/Tori Amos, Bjork, Cindy Lauper, Tears for Fears, Thompson Twins, Bon Jovi, The Cranberries, etc. Thank goodness for the Internet - I'm going to look those words up to "under pressure" and memorize them.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure." Peter Marshall

3 comments:

  1. Hey, again surprised by you and Trav. A sing off....I definitely like that. The Carpenters....wouldn't have been my first guess, but they are awesome, so why not?

    My mind was just blown away by another surprise in the mail!! What in the world....? A sweet Dillards gift card?? That was QUITE generous and totally unexpected. You definitely know the way to my heart. I just went on a shopping spree this past week. They were having their additional 40% off. Got the boys and K some really great men's clothing that was marked way down, plus a few accessories for M and I. I got several necklaces and bracelets regularly priced in the upwards of $38 - for $2 - $4 each. Couldn't have been more fun (unless I had been paying for it with my Gift Card!!!!). Got some fun gifts, etc.

    Thank you.

    I did not think twice about using you for my referral Heth. You are very good at what you do. Not to mention you have been surrounded by good and bad (just guessing here) realtors for years. I was certain you would hook us up right. And you did. It was a painless, and very positive experience. I am the one that should be thanking you....not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would make a gift card stretch to 3 times its worth. I wish I would have sent it sooner...I guess you will just need to save it for the next sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooooo worries there. The kids got their card as well. The gang used it two nights ago when they went and hit golf balls w/ Kevin....they even saved M and I a few bucks to go back on our next girls day out. Thanks again for your generosity! Super fun.

    ReplyDelete