Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day #257 - Front Porchin' It

As you know we have several decks at our house - I'm always prosing on about sitting out there watching nature. Well...we recently bought 4 plastic chairs from Home Depot because Travis likes to sit outside on the driveway to people watch.

At first I was a tad mortified - it seemed silly to sit in the driveway when we have perfectly fine decks out back...what would the neighbors think? I have to say my views have begun to change. We were just sitting out there tonight chatting about our respective days when our neighbors across the street walked over to join us. We waived to several drive-by's and there were 3 bikers, 4 walkers, several dogs and one cat staring at us longingly from the window across the street. It was a fairly active night.

Everyone always waives and some stop to chat for a moment and we have learned where several people live as a result of our night sits. Another neighbor called me to see if we were still 'porch sitting' so she could come over for a minute and unwind from work - we were already inside for the night, but I was tempted to say "come on over, we'll just get the chairs out again".

I should never doubt the Karma of Travis - he attracts people wherever he goes. He has an "always open for business" disposition...unless it is after 8:30 p.m. Then you can just forget about it.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Friends are the pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes they lean on you, and sometimes it's just enough to know that they are standing by."

1 comment:

  1. DELICIOUS! Very Very Good. I liked every scrap of it. What a pleasant way to connect on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete