Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day #265 - Compliments

Today I was sitting at my desk doing data entry and the plant lady, who comes by the office once per week, stopped by my cubicle and paid me the nicest compliment. It caught me so off guard. It turned an ok day into a great day.

It is such a good reminder to me how much a kind word can change even the energy in a person. There was nothing wrong with me today, I was just doing my thing and typing away, but after her thoughtful stop, I felt lighter and smiley. It didn't cost her anything to stop, except a few seconds of her time, and it meant so much to me.

Don't forget to notice and if you notice, say something.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "I can live for two months on a good compliment" Mark Twain

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! care to share the compliment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would ask that...sort of embarrassing, but she said she walks by every week and thinks I am beautiful so decided to share. I don't think I remember the last time someone said that to me...it was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....couldn't help but ask. That is not embarrassing. She nailed it. You are beautiful. Outside/Inside period. That lady is awesome! I can't believe Mark Twain said, he can live for two months on a good compliment....that is a super great quote, I just wouldn't have pegged MT as the one who said it. I guess what it boils down to is we all love a compliment. We all thrive when we are noticed in a positive light, and when our accomplishments are recognized. So yeah, when you notice, think it, say it. Boom!

    ReplyDelete