Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day #256 - Pedicures

My sister Amy works at an amazing spa called Kura Door. I begged her to get me in for a pedicure (ok I just asked) because my feet are sooooooo gross!! Dry and scaly. I told her I knew it was bad when I decided it was a better effort to scratch my leg with my heel then my nails. The other day I did my best to file away the rough patches with a fingernail file, but I needed some professional help.

I always forget how wonderful spa treatments are. This spa is pretty great. I had some herbal tea that tasted like dessert and came in a cloth baggie; she let me take a few home with me for later. It was super nice to be pampered and Amy is REALLY good at what she does - at EVERYTHING she does.

I took a picture of her working at my feet - I have so many photos trapped in my phone. I must get to the bottom of how to EASILY get them off...surely it cannot be so difficult!!

Travis drove down to Salt Lake with me and he had a steam while I got my feet done. It was a lovely evening and I feel so much better about myself just knowing I won't be embarrassed if someone looks at my feet and Travis won't screech like a girl if I rub my foot against him in bed.

I am determined to use my foot scrubber in the shower daily so it won't get so bad again.

Thank you Amy - it was LOVELY.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "There are no traffic jams along the extra mile." Roger Staubach

2 comments:

  1. "I begged her to get me in for a pedicure"..... I was like yeah right....glad you added that actually you just asked. More like Amy would beg you to come in and get pampered. Did you get to indulge in "organic" almonds and apricots while you were being treated? YUM. When you were leaving was there a "to die for" single wrapped chocolate by your shoes? Hope so.
    When I went in to see Amy I was in the same boat as you were, the boat of mortification.....I was having to hide my feet from anyones view. It was such a relief to have them transformed into show pieces.

    No traffic jams on the extra mile.....yes, that's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, chocolate was there and she did hook us up with snacks.

    ReplyDelete