Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day #267 - Season's Change

There's a definite chill in the air here in The Park, as Elaine informed me the neighbors call our subdivision, Fall is on it's way for sure. I love the changing of all the Seasons, but Summer to Fall is the best. Just two days ago I thought I would be smothered by heat exhaustion in the loft while I typed away and tonight I had to close the window and put on socks. Soon the trees will begin to change again and the moose will come to visit...

I have the day off work tomorrow and have a nagging feeling I left something important undone...I stayed late tonight finishing up some paperwork that has been at the back of my mind all week, returned all phone calls, completed my time card and put my "out of office" on...I guess I will hear soon enough if there is a problem. I should just not worry about it, but I am my Mother's daughter after all.

ANYWAY, I took the day off so I can prepare for Trav's race on Saturday. He has been training hard for months now and I feel he is really ready to take it on. He is racing in the Point to Point race, which is 78 miles of mountain biking from Deer Valley, up and down through Park City Resort, up down and over to The Canyons w/a mile long uphill finish. My job is to provide him with fresh water bottles full of some powder that acts sort of like Gatorade without all the sugar and a baked potato w/salt and cheese mashed on it at two different stops throughout the day. He is taking me to the two stops tomorrow so I won't mess up (my words, not his).

I will take photos and provide details on Saturday and can't help being nervous for him. It will be a long day for me, but I have books to get through, including Atlas Shrugged (which I am LOVING all of sudden - the "John Gault Line" HA - Good one!). I am glad the heat has subsided and feel a warm day is much more conducive to endurance events then a super hot day. Now I just hope we have a long sustained Fall this year - it is the best time of year to live in The Park.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh....it is already cooling down there???? It seems like the snow just barely melted and it started to warm up. Summer is amazingly short in the Park.
    Wow.....big race day. Looking forward to the recap.

    So glad you are getting into the Shrug.....it took me at least a 100 pages to really get into it as well.....slow starter. I guess you can get away with that when you have filled over fourteen hundred pages. Keep me posted on where you are. Kev LOVED it as well.

    ReplyDelete