Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day #273 - Left Overs

I have had writer's block for the last two days until I was in bed last night and I remembered how happy I was that Trav and I managed to eat a whole Turkey Breast by ourselves. Not in one sitting, of course, but in various ways over about 7 days.

I love left overs - Travis doesn't really love them, but he does love Turkey in all forms. We had a typical turkey dinner the first night, then turkey sandwiches, turkey w/rice and vegetables and most recently turkey over baked potato w/left over gravy and peas - quite delicious.

There is just something nice about using something up completely - no waste; putting Tupperware in the dishwasher after using its contents, not throwing them out. I thought maybe I had a picture of the turkey breast we cooked, Trav likes to document the big 'uns - turkey, pork shoulder, etc. but I could not locate it tonight. Regardless, it was a success and now I know we can use a whole turkey breast all by ourselves.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "We recommend that no one eat more than two tons of turkey - that's what it would take to poison someone" Elizabeth Whelan

1 comment:

  1. Well, congrats, and I mean that. We are working our way, and I do mean working, through a massive load of chicken and white food storage beans I slow cooked a few weeks ago. I have made white chicken chili on a few occasions. You know how there is just never enough of that stuff?? well, found a cure for that. I have frozen this stuff, taken it to RS when I had to make soup, and on and on. Ryker was so disappointed that we were having that again last night. He just can't take any more. I am going to have to hide it in a new recipe today. Maybe enchiladas....it is not all soup, I have shredded chicken and the bean mix alone as well.

    ReplyDelete