Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day #274 - Cramps

I know...why would I be happy to have cramps? Because I very rarely have them and it is good to be normal for once. I was super irritated at first, but then I talked myself thru it. There are many reasons to be grateful for monthly cramps:

a) Better chance to have kids if you are regular
b) Hormones are more regular and there is less chance for disease in your girl parts
c) Excuse to call in sick...does that even fly?
d) Excuse to be mean (unfortunately I feel like I should use this as an excuse for the last few days...will THAT fly?)

Anyway, here is one more example of how adversity creates opportunity to recognize the blessing.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Personally I think birthdays and anniversaries are like menstrual cramps, a regular pain in the a** that's somehow connected to birth." Hugh Elliott 

3 comments:

  1. An excuse to loose it during a laugh attack? Had one last night as the boys looked on in absolute bewilderment and terror. They don't understand how laughing = tears. I guess it is a women thing. I don't think I have ever seen a man experience the laugh/cry....you? Kev was demonstraighting (why can't I spell that word? How do you?) how this mom at Lawson's soccer game yesterday was screaming at her kid. It was so awful, and funny at the same time. Believe me when I say he gets into his demos. It had been a super long day, with M's 4 hour b-day party, post to follow this, and my special visitor is in town. I lost it. Needed some release I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sister...GREAT excuse to loose it. I only wish I could have witnessed Kev's performance; he has always been one of the funniest people of my acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a lot of secretaries call me this past week and randomly start talking to me about cramps. I must be giving off a vibe (o: I had to call in sick last Thursday for cramps and then David told me to suck it up and just take more Advil, so I did and came in Friday where I spent the ENTIRE DAY at my desk SOBBING whenever people would talk to me. Sick days are definitely the better way to go (o:

    ReplyDelete