Monday, September 19, 2011

Day #275 - Silly Suds

On Saturday I got to go be the support to Travis, Matt Reed and Kim Brown at the bike race called "The Tour de Suds". This is the 31st year and lots of people dress up in costumes and ride the 6 miles up a trail called, you guessed it, "Tour de Suds".

I was happy Matt and Kim decided to race with Travis - I think they had a great time and I am pretty happy they did the whole ride. Kim hasn't been on a mountain bike for 6 years and she made it to the top...very nice. I took lots of photos to share.

Travis is wearing the old stand by "Deputy J. Dangle" costume. We had to cut up one of his pair of bike shorts so he could ride in those things. The best part is the farmer tan and the hair that starts just below the shorts...Amy didn't wax higher then necessary for the regular bike shorts.



Here are some of the other costumes people wore:


I was also impressed by a guy who rode the whole race on a unicycle - can you imagine? And there was also a tandem bike - who ever heard of a tandem mountain bike? How do you do switchbacks?



Here is Travis at the finish...NICE...:0


After the race we went to get their free lunch at the Silly Market. The Silly Market runs every Sunday in Park City at the bottom of Main Street. I went one time last year and I think it has grown since. There are TONS of booths, food and music. We were all tired from the race (Ok they were tired) so we didn't really look much, but it made me want to go back. It is very festive:




I am happy to report, Travis took 2nd place in the costume contest...the Chicken won the overall contest. I have to say I admire the bird...MAN that would be unbearably HOT!!


It was a good day and fun to get out, enjoy the sunshine and do something different.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: “The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.”

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...by force! Poor pig. Have you seen Contagen? It was different. Interesting but not our fav. Can't believe T didn't win 1st. Did he get a prize? The chicken outfit is a copout. An old standby....but yeah, I guess he deserves something for the sheer heat aspect. Looks like a LOT of fun. Very sweet pics. So you figured out your camera?

    ReplyDelete