Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day #271 - The Year Mark

When you document a full year of your life, you realize how quickly time flies by. One moment bleeds into the next until you are a full year ahead of the last. I started this blog Last Sept, 10th and here we are one year later and I am only...oh, 94 posts short of my 365 day year. Still at 271 posts that is just over 5 posts per week. I feel ok about that.

So...What have I learned during this exercise in blogging?

A few things stand out...It is not easy to maintain an attitude of gratitude all the time, but this blog has helped me to focus and think about the blessings I have been given even when it wasn't easy to find them. I am also less afraid of being vulnerable in these posts. I remember the first few posts and how difficult it was for me to hit the "publish" button. Sure, I have like 3 readers, but it was still intimidating and I feel more confident for going for it anyway. It is also interesting to look back and see how many big and little things happen in ones life over the course of a single year.

I will also say, writing a blog is cathartic...so many times this year I have found relief in expressing my feelings and reading those of my family and friends. And publishing a post decreases the likelihood I will write something completely negative or self defeating like I have written in more personal journals over the years.

Another advantage has been connecting with my sister who is my most faithful follower. I thought I knew who she was...I had no idea and it has been extremely fun to get to know her, to understand her and to have a closer relationship with her.

Thank you for sharing this year with me.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words" Elbert Hubbard

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! A year already! That went by fast. Great job on all of your posts! I have enjoyed reading every one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really can't believe a year is over already either....I kept watching the day number....so this early celebration has caught me off guard. You should feel very good at a 5 per week average. That is totally commendable. I still won't feel this is complete until you reach the 365th day though. I am pretty annal like that.

    I have enjoyed all 271 posts as well. I love the inside scoop I get into your daily life. This is our thing, and it is so fun to have a "thing" with you. That has not always been the case has it? We nailed it big time with this one. I know you are my biggest blog fan as well.

    Thanks for sharing your insights, ups and downs, moose encounters, roof leaks, dog issues, great cat escapes, and your daily gratitude with me. I learn a lot from you. I consider myself a better person because of you!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you.

    Lori...I would love to read a blog written by you - You haven't started one yet have you? M and I have learned so much about each other over this last year and I would love to get to know you better and catch a glimpse of what your life is like day to day...I just know you have so much to share.

    M - I will get to the 365 mark...Thanks again for your support.

    ReplyDelete