Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day #183 - High Power Breakfast

Not the breakfast itself, but the people who cooked it. Today is Staff Appreciation Day. The Bosses did the cooking and wouldn't let us help set up, cook, clean-up or anything. It was quite nice. They made pancakes, eggs (w/& w/out cheese), sausage (link & patty), bacon, an assortment of fruit, milk and OJ. I was pretty impressed. I may have overdone it on the bacon...but HOW do they get it to cook so perfectly? There has to be a trick to perfect crispy bacon...not tough, not chewy, but melt in your mouth crisp...ANYONE???

The great thing about this was the personal time & effort they gave to the task. Sure the company is all about saving money these days and so probably a catered event was not in the budget, but it is a nice way to show us they really did want us to know they appreciate our contribution to the company. I would do well to remember how that little touch of personal service can make a big difference in a show of appreciation or the presentation of a gift.

I do need to give a shout out to Beth (Office Manager) - I do not kid myself that this little ditty would not have happened if she didn't put it together, but still the President of our company and all the bosses reporting to him did the actual cooking...OH, except MY direct Boss...BOOOO. He forgot about it and made meeting plans and took one of our co-workers with him...Bad Form...Oh well, he is still an OK guy to work with :).

Not only did I get a really great breakfast today, I saved a mega banana that I will dig into tomorrow.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Thanks for all that you do and all that you think that you do" Dan - Company President - not sure if this is an original quote from him, but I credit him with it since he is the one that said it to me...MANY TIMES...He is a fun guy.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious. I think it is always better when someone else cooks it. That sounds pretty cool. Nice to be appreciated. You definitely deserve it.....I don't know about the rest of your co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was seriously SO pissed that Jonathan so conveniently scheduled the most of annoying meetings for that morning.

    And Beth is amazing. She does so much work for everyone and I think many times it goes unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete