Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day #173 - Team Work

I think in the past I may have mentioned my low...make that my NON-EXISTENT threshold for pain or physical discomfort of any kind. Well, this week I have developed middle back pain, which combined with cramps and hell week at work, has made me seriously irritable.

Sheryle refused to take me seriously and just kept telling me to watch myself or she would find a way to power wash my face with one of those mega squirt guns. I didn't think that was very nice...maybe hilarious, but NOT nice. She didn't even give me a "poor baby" which I was sort of expecting. I think she finally got sympathetic when I asked her what a kidney infection feels like. I don't truly think I have one, but it is a different kind of back ache then I normally get...Sympathy yet??

When I got home from work (late again) Travis pulled the flank steak he had been marinating all day out of the fridge - we worked together to saute' onions, peppers & mushrooms while the steak broiled and then made sandwiches for dinner. It was GOOD.

I think I often give Trav a hard time when he bumps around me in the kitchen, but tonight it really felt like a team effort to me. We didn't get mad at each other, we didn't tell each other how to cut the onions or how not to use onions, we just made dinner, ate it and cleaned it up together. It felt good and I was so happy to be home.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "We awaken in others the same attitude of mind we hold toward them" Elbert Hubbard

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. How is your back? Are you going to get it checked out, or just ride it out for a while? Back pain is the absolute worst isn't it? Sorry to hear you are struggling w/ it.....there, I am happy to give a little "poor baby".

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE - Thanks M - I needed that! HB

    ReplyDelete