Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day #181 - Happy Easter

The other day I was at the grocery store and saw some Cadbury Eggs (the chocolate eggs with syrupy center) while in the check out lane. I immediately got excited and almost grabbed it to put in the cart when I realized I don't really like those chocolate eggs. I think I was just feel nostalgic about Easter at my house when we were young. 

We would wake up on Easter morning and there would be candy hidden ALL over the house and in plain sight. The older kids were told to let the younger kids get the candy in the short spots and we would find plastic eggs filled with candy hanging in chandeliers, in the couch cushions, in the piano bench, etc.

Then of course there were the Easter dresses. I remember one of my favorites was a lavender & white striped tank top dress w/a matching jacket that my Mom made. I was wearing that dress when my Mom pointed out my newly hairy armpits - needless to say I did not wear the dress without the jacket after that.

Easter is also obviously about The Resurrection and new beginnings. Spring is in the air and some flowers are poking their heads out. Speaking of new life...Jason and Mel got chickens to raise. The first 3 met with a rather sad end (the dog Bo got a little enthusiastic in his playing) and so they just got 4 more:



I hope these four have better luck!! I keep falling asleep...Good Night - Happy Easter.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Life's problems wouldn't be called "hurdles" if there wasn't a way to get over them. " ~Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE those Cadbury eggs. I like to eat the center out with a miniature baby spoon. I love almost all Easter candy, peeps, Robyn Eggs, all the chocolate varieties of every style and size, eggs, bunnies, coins, you name it. It was all I could do to refrain from purchasing the 50% off candy today. I must restrain my self....at least until it gets to 75% off....by then it will all be gone. Well, then it wasn't meant to be.
    Those chicks.....yes, better luck guys.
    Easter is a happy time, a happy time, a happy time. Easter is a happy time, a happy time for me. I remember mom singing that a lot. I had a good sized Easter post worked up....it is still sitting halfway finished. Now that Easter is over....I have lost my zest for completing it. I couldn't get back on my computer last night....Kev and Lawson were monopolizing it until the wee hours of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so tired when I wrote this post...My head was practically bouncing off the keyboard. I too LOVE Easter candy - my favorite is the robyn egg malt balls and the Reeses PB cups shaped like eggs. I purposely stay away from the holiday isles so I don't buy a bunch and eat it all.

    "At Easter I remember when, Jesus came alive again. Easter is a happy time..." Totally something I still think on EVERY Easter Sunday without fail...THANKS MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally did the same thing with Cadbury Eggs. I like the caramel ones though!

    ReplyDelete