Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day #179 - M.A.S.H.

I just started to read a book that I picked up at the library about a woman whose husband got cancer a few years after they got married, which creates some fertility issues so, after he recovers, they decide to utilize a fertility clinic to get in the family way. While this is going on she finds out her husband has been unfaithful and so she leaves him, goes back home to live with her Dad to start over. Of course she reconnects with old friends, including a guy she sort of knew in High School and finds out she is pregnant with twins. So far I am only about 1/4 of the way thru the book...lots has happened so far.

Somehow reading about all this uncertainty made me remember that game of chance we used to play as kids...M.A.S.H...

Mansion
Apartment
Shack
House

We would play this game over and over. We never really ended up in the same place twice, but we kept on playing hoping our next path would lead to something besides living in an apartment with Eric DeWal walking dogs for a living.

I wrote one up to see where I would be in 5 years...here is what it looks like:

M. A. S. H.

Husband:
Travis
Alan
Keith
None

Kids:
3
4
2
0

Car:
Subaru
Mustang
Jeep
Truck

Job:
Writer
Real Estate
Student
None

Goals:
Century Bike Ride
Marathon in FL
Triathlon
Zumba Expert

Trips:
Hawaii
Europe
New Orleans
Florida

Writing:
Blogs
Fiction
Non-Fiction
Children's Books

I was happy to see I am still with Travis in 5 years. That was always the biggest bummer of the game when you didn't end up with the husband you wanted the most...Melissa may or may not be happy to know we may be visiting...I wonder where those kids are going to come from?? I am a little bummed about the shack situation, but suspect we can no longer afford a house since I HAD to have that fancy Mustang...I am happy to believe I will be writing for a living, but the non-fiction bit surprised me...

This game just helps me remember that ANYTHING can happen and life is constantly shifting. Change can be good, change can be bad - how does that saying go? "The only consistent thing is change"...I'd say my 5 year future looks pretty bright...:)

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The only thing constant in life is change" Francois de la Rochefoucauld

2 comments:

  1. I really do not know this game. I would like to try it out in person when you are here in FL. Looking forward to that. I will make a point of hitting up your Zumba class!!! That may be on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whhhhaaaat? Are you serious? You don't remember? We played it all the time. I guess you and I didn't really hang out a lot as kids, but I swear we played this together. I'll have to check with Amy on Sunday...HB

    ReplyDelete