Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day #177 - All That Glitters

Lately I am feeling that craving for jewelry. It comes upon me about once a quarter and I rationalize myself into a hundred dollars worth of new stuff. Never just ONE hundred dollar item, but several much more affordable pieces that add up to that number.

It feels like Christmas when those packages come. The only problem is I have so much cheap jewelry, I can't wear it all. I also tend to gravitate toward the same types of pieces. I come home thinking I bought the perfect necklace for such and such outfit or to go with "those" earrings and I realize I already have a similar one hanging on my necklace hook.

Some of my favorites were gifts - Travis has gave me the gold and silver tennis bracelet years ago and I still wear it all the time. He bought me a few turquoise items - one set of earrings, necklace and bracelet for Christmas 2 years ago and an amber necklace and turquoise ring at the fair in St. George. My friend Debi gave me some earrings and a necklace that I wear all the time. I got a gold and red necklace from my Mother-in-law one year that I finally figured out what to wear it with and now I love that ensemble. My mom has given me some items that I like to wear also; specifically a garnet ring Mom received as a gift from Dad that had several garnet stones clustered on a gold band. She broke up the stones and had them made into 7 rings - one for her, her 4 daughters and 2 for daughters-in-law (when applicable) and gave them to us for Christmas one year...what a fun memory.

I think this weekend I will try to go through my jewelry box and post some photos of my favorites that I wear often; that might be fun. For now, I am reminding myself that I have sufficient for my needs and more...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."  ~Leo Buscaglia

2 comments:

  1. Jewelry hound....huh? So you held back for now did you? Way to work the will power. I love to wear massive necklaces and bracelets, but I just can't pull off big earrings. They are always very small. A little loop, or a little diamond. Maybe it is because my hair is already flashy enough, I feel it would be over the top. You do always have fun jewelry on though...it is a fun way to complete a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool about your mom's ring! :)

    ReplyDelete