Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day #171 - The Rents New House

Mom and Dad are starting to settle into their new home. I promised my sister I would post a few photos since she isn't here. I told Mom I would only keep them up for a day or so since it was still a mess and they are working to get moved in still, but here is a general idea of the house:

Exterior:


Dad's hard scape and the third garage in back -
or Dad's "Man Cave"



I think this is a lovely door, but Mom hates that people can see in so easily.
She put up a curtain that she closes at night -
right now it is just a sheet nailed to the wall,
but I think she intends to put a more permanent one up there.


Master Bedroom - This is one room that is really put together so far.
It looks really cute and is def. bigger then their old Master.


Sitting area in the Master (M - See how this chair looks like your new chair?)
Too bad the photo turned out so dark with the back light.


Master Bath


Dad's office - when all the pictures get up - it is going to be a pretty cool retreat. 


Kitchen 


Keri - determined to make Seerie strike a pose


Family room - starting to get put together, but there was stuff all over the place


I know we are all glad everything has been moved up from American Fork and they can finally get settled again.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Don't be frightened of new ideas. Be frightened of the old ones." John Cage




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! Thank you so much Heather. I love it. I can't believe how similar it is to their old one.....but better as far as I can tell. White, white, white.....at least there is a fresh clean feeling. I know they want to paint later.

    - Love all the driveway space and extra garage. Wow!! What a dream.
    - The front of the house is beautiful.....can people really see through the front door, isn't it full of cut glass so it would be all messed up to look through?
    - It is so bright and open.
    - I really like that the kitchen is not a hodgepodge of anything and everything.
    -Very similar fire place.
    - Their room looks awesome. Love the big bath tub.
    For some reason I had pictured in my mind an old looking brown house. Real dank and dark. A shoddy old thing. So this is quite a relief. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, glad you like it - You should call Mom and tell her. The floor plan is a little Wonkie, but I like the house better everytime I see it, especially now that Mom and Dad are making it feel like theirs. HB

    ReplyDelete