Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day #182 - 1/2 Way There...

I started this gratitude blog with the idea I would post something I was grateful for each day of one full year for 365 days doing my best to not post the same thing twice. I have missed some days along the way, so instead of berating myself each time I missed a day, I decided it would be OK to just do my best and get to 365 posts and trying not to miss more then 1 day a week. Well, post #182 is the 1/2 way mark.

So far I have learned several things. First, it is not always easy to find a unique thing to be grateful for every day. Second, it IS easy to find a unique thing to be grateful for every day; in fact, some days I have several things to choose from. Third, attitude or frame of mind is so important to living effectively in gratitude. My mind logically sees the blessings in each day, but if my heart is not there with it...it doesn't really matter what I notice and it is those days I have trouble finding that unique blessing to post. Over the next 1/2 of my goal, I plan to approach each new day with the clear intention of an open heart.

Today I am grateful that I have made it to the half way mark of my 365 day goal. It encourages me to set other goals and to take them as seriously as I have tried to take this one. I am grateful I have a positive way to share the good things that surround and bless my life. I am so fortunate in so many ways both simple and profound; this blog has helped me to recognize just how much I have to be thankful for.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "When I am inspired, I get excited because I can't wait to see what I come up with next" Dolly Parton 

2 comments:

  1. Wow...half way. Have you thought about what your blog will turn into once you reach your goal? Or am I jumping the gun a bit? So far it has been a sweet ride. Maybe it will be nice just to have the pressure off and write more at your leisure....at the same time the goal is so good to keep your focus where you want it to be. hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought about it...I will certainly keep writing though. You are good to keep reading and I love keeping in touch with you through blogging. HB

    ReplyDelete