Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day #178 - Smoothing out the Edges

I was super munchie tonight and REALLY wanted something sweet. Travis usually has the sweet tooth these days, but tonight we just had a protein shake (water, yogurt, frozen berries, vitamin & protein powder) for dinner and I wanted to gnaw on something. The other day I made brownies from a box and I was going to grab some and Travis didn't want it...Huh? That is unusual. I decided I didn't want any either.

The next time I was in the kitchen to get a water refill I took a peak at those brownies...hmmmmm..."the edge is uneven, I should really fix that". I got two delicious bites of gooey brownie and now the edge is as even as the common eye can make it. Yum.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The only thing that makes life possible is a permanent, intolerable certainty: Not Knowing What Comes Next." Ursula K. LeGuinn

4 comments:

  1. I hate that. The other day I made Grandma Strongs OHenrys, minus the peanuts because I didn't have any. I think I liked them better nut-less. Unfortunately I found out no one else in the family is a fan of butterscotch. Bummer. I had to eat the entire 9X13 pan myself, minus about two rows, gave one to a friend, and the kids and Kev managed one bar each.Wow!!! That was delicious. I never got sick of them. I always wanted more. I would go and cut some bars and just eat the top layer off, (the melted chocolate and butterscotch) then come back and finish off the bottom peanut butter and crispie section. Glad it is over and I can get it off my mind. I love boxed brownie batter. LOVE IT. I make it. Leave plenty to lick in the bowl, I always add chocolate chips, do you? Then after it has heated up in the oven I go in and skim some off the top warm! To die for....or at least take on a little guilt for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - nice protein shake dinner. sometimes I just have to grab a large carrot and go to town on it to get that gnawing feeling to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA, HA - I loved this response. I am glad you admitted to eating all the OHenrys - been there, done that.

    Yes - we put chocolate chips in all the time. I love ANY batter...raw eggs? SNORT - who cares???!!! Travis caught me licking the bowl and asked how it was? I looked up with Chocolate on my face and said..."Oh...not that great". He just did that head shake thing he likes to do.

    Good idea with the carrot...I should also try an apple - those always sound good.

    Thanks,
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've totally done that before, but end up eating the whole pan! So instead of evening out the edges I get rid of all of them.

    ReplyDelete