Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day #176 - Home Again, Home Again, Rig Jig Jig

My Hubby got home from Moab late this afternoon.

I was upstairs putting the finishing touches on our tax return (I know I started working on this weeks ago, but never got around to finishing it) and kept thinking I heard the garage door open, so I would run downstairs just to be disappointed. I did this 3 times and finally I saw the open garage door and opened our door to go out to greet him and he was crouched down right in front of me unloading some stuff...almost startled the hair off my head.

The first thing I thought was how healthy he looked. His face has that happy sun kissed glow and he was wearing a baseball cap, t-shirt and shorts with that sexy scruff on his face...I have to say I am one lucky girl. I wish I had a photo to post.

Travis unloaded his things, washed up and then we just sat and talked about the last 4 days sharing our experiences and stories for about 45 minutes before we turned the TV on and made dinner.

I have been pretty busy these last few days and the girl night turned out fabulous. Jen and I made popcorn and watched our movie and made special flavored water w/sparkling water drinks to sip on. We talked more then we intended to (the movie was a 4 hour saga) and Jen had to leave before the move was done, but it was super great to have some one-on-one time with her again. She has such a rich, generous soul and I love being her friend.

Besides the girl night I also recovered from Pleurisy, worked overtime, cleaned the house, read a book, watched a few design shows (mostly the yard ones lately), caught up on Days, got my hair colored and cut, did some grocery shopping, completed our taxes and walked the dog.

I truly enjoy my down time, my I-can-do-whatever-I-feel-like-time alone and being productive or lazy as I see fit. I don't mind a few nights to myself here and there and, in fact, enjoy them; but I am so glad to have Travis home. I really did miss that guy.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars." Henry Van Dyke

1 comment:

  1. Hug, those are definitely some satisfying times. I love it all. So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete