Friday, June 24, 2011

Day #227 - Watering Cup


This is the view of my shelf at least once per week...I realize I will see this upstairs when I am downstairs wondering where all my water cups are.

I love my water cups. These are cups that somehow make their way into my cupboard and I don't really know how, but I am glad they did. The pink and red are my favorites - I'm pretty sure they came to me through my brother Jason. He brought water into my house and the cups never left with him...too late now to give them back. The other one was actually meant to be a drink shaker - there was a lid with it if I remember and I think I got it as a party favor at one of Trav's old work parties, who knew it would turn into the perfect water glass. The white one is Trav's - I actually avoid those (there are 3 of them) like the plague. They were also drink shakers for protein shakes and for some reason they are the last straw water cup when all the others are missing in action, not sure why.

I usually drink a few each night and take one upstairs with me when I sit down to blog or read before bed. It makes a great alarm clock drinking 30 oz. of water each night just before bedtime - I will wake up at 6 a.m. everyday like clock work if I drink one of these bad boys down before my head hits the pillow. I don't always get out of bed at 6...but I am usually awake and waiting as long as possible before I absolutely have to get up.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope" I don't know who said this, but my niece, Avery, announced this little factoid about water the other day. She couldn't remember how long it was for food, but she was certain it was only 3 days without water...and right after she made the announcement she asked for a glass full like she just remembered how important it is.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I am kind of kicking my self right now, there were some perfect sets of drinking glasses at Publix yesterday, they were big and bright and looked just like these. They were sold in sets of 4 on clearance for .75....I was like, well, I really already have nice tall glasses which i love. So I took a pass, I think I should have gotten them. Especially after seeing yours. Avery is a smart chic. I also get up each night to visit the "rest-room". It does not bother me. I would rather drink up until the moment I hop into bed. Kev would rather go to bed thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, if I could have a nickle for every time that Avery references DRINKING WATER to me, I WOULD BE A RICH RICH LADY! LOLOL!!!

    She has decided (I think) that instead of telling me that drinking coffee is bad, and wrong, and against the word of wisdom (she has already tried all of these tactics, none of them have been successful at convincing me to STOP drinking COFFEE) that she will instead resort to...
    "when I grow up I will drink water", I say back to her, "that's awesome! you should, it's really good for you!..."

    "My mom would never drink that" (coffee or she said it to gramma, chucky and me about coke the other day) we all say, "NO WAY! She wouldn't..."

    "We can't live without water keri", and I say back to her, "I know! water is the most important thing to our bodies!!!"

    It's the best because after every exchange we have ever had about this topic there is always this awkward pause while we look at each other... I can see the wheels in her head turning as she is trying to figure out why I would still continue to drink coffee if I agree with her???

    hahahaaaaaa! I love that little girl! I also for the record love water.. while coffee, then iced tea, then green tea are my daytime tasty beverage choices, water is my #1 before I go to bed! I always try to chug at least a water bottle if not a couple....

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUH - That is funny. She doesn't really hold back does she? I need to stock up on pictures of my neices and nephews this month so I can post about them w/photos. They are all so interesting and funny.

    ReplyDelete