Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day #222 - Finished

Well...I FINALLY finished the PowerPoint presentation. The phones cooperated today and I was able to get done what had to get done. Not my finest work, but it turned out ok. By this time tomorrow night I will be a happy girl, because what's done will be done.

Sometimes we dread something for very little reason. The reason in this case is the fear of not being as prepared as I would like to be. I also know I did everything I could to get as prepared as I currently am and that will have to be good enough. I'm not nervous about presenting the data, I have done it enough times now that I feel pretty comfortable, but I am nervous about accomplishing what I want to at tomorrow's meeting. I hope to come away with a stronger partnership and a plan to strategically move said partnership forward.

Wish me luck!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The formula for achieving a successful relationship is simple: you should treat all disasters as if they were trivialities, but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster." Quentin Crisp

1 comment:

  1. I wish you tons of luck! I will throw in a prayer to for good measure. Your quote rings true with me today. We have had day camp every day this week....M, L and I. The kids were not really putting their all into getting ready, I felt pressured myself because Tina was filling in for me this morning so I could go and teach my class at the club. I ended up treating a triviality as a disaster and parted w/ the two kids feeling bad. Since then I have been able to think of nothing else except for how I could have handled the situation differently w/ a much more positive out come. I hate it when I do that!! I will see them in another hour and I will be able to apologize, give the hugs and kisses I have been dying to give, and not be a freak show. "Never treat a triviality as a disaster". I have got to nail that one to my forehead for safe keeping.

    ReplyDelete