Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day #215 - Not a Couch Potato

Tonight we actually did something besides sit around and watch TV. Travis entered a bike race that is held every other Tuesday for the Summer. He was supposed to race last week, but it got rained out and moved to this week. Somehow I managed to remember to charge my camera this morning and actually left work at 5:00 on the dot to make it home in order to get to the race in time.

It was a little bit of a walk from the car to the start of the race and then I hiked up the back of the course to get in prime position to take a few photos as Steve and Travis came down to the finish line. It was a little annoying when the people in charge didn't know where the race course went so I sat around for 30 minutes, then found out I was in the wrong spot so only had time to get in place for one series of photos.

Here are a few fun photos:

Kid racing in the Tots category...WHAT? How cute is this?
 

An awesome horse running around like crazy:



And a few photos of Travis and Steve during the race and after...



It was fun, but next time I will cart a chair around with me and try to get better directions of where the race course goes. I was happy to go support Travis and it was awesome to do something besides watch TV on a weekday night. PLUS, Travis won a cool vest after the race in a raffle. Whew Hew!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck - but, most of all, endurance." James Arthur Baldwin

Calories: Avoided this today...Burger King with Travis after the race...oops.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Nice race photos, and nature shots. So this was in Park City? Every Tuesday, we should go again and watch, get Jason D to get involved. That would be fun. Beautiful place! Congrats on the raffle win! What a rush that is.....at least that's what they tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean to tell me you have never won a raffle drawing? That is a shame - I think you really would appreciate the win even if it was only socks. It would be fun to do a race outing together. Will let you know when they are.
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, yes I have won once or twice, but not enough, not near as many as I would like. I get waaaaaay to caught up in the desire to win. The disappointment is bitter.

    ReplyDelete