Friday, June 10, 2011

Day #218 - Anything But...

I would rather do anything but...This is a phrase I use often in my day to day life.

I would rather do anything but...scrub the tub, roll up the 100 foot hose, scrape the railings, clean up kitty hair balls, change the litter, take out the trash (and for some reason re-line the can), wake up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday, get hair out of the shower drain (I can usually avoid that one until Trav does it...he, he), walk right back up the stairs when I forget something, make that last call I should have made at 9 a.m. instead of 5:45 p.m. when I know it will last at least 30 minutes, call the doctors office to make an appointment...I can go on and on.

Unfortunately, tonight I would rather write my blog then prep for work tomorrow. I am working on a presentation I have to do next week and tomorrow I am gathering the data and beginning to build my presentation in power point...Tonight I have tasked myself with preparing the outline and I am avoiding it like the plague.

I think the hardest part of starting a project is the very beginning. Once I get rolling, the thing seems to build itself. Almost two years ago I bought a fabric cutting tool and the squares and cutting board to make a square quilt for my bed. I am using the old red curtains from my NSL house and have been collecting various material to add to the quilt. In my mind it looks pretty cool and is actually big enough to cover up the mattresses when the bed is made. I have avoided starting that project for years because I didn't know how hard it would be. I finally started cutting out squares last week...totally simple. It will probably take me another year to start sewing the thing together, but it is a start.

I guess I better get to that outline...but I'd much rather read my book...or scrub the tub.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: I do my work at the same time each day - the last minute.  ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I stall, and hum-ho around and put off starting a big project until my desk is organized again. I have to build up to it. A big project to me is anytime I start prepping for a coupon trip, planning sharing time, pulling together a new class, and so forth. Can't do it with clutter all around. Mine are tidily winks compared to your slide presentation. Good on you talented lady! By now your presentation is probably done.....are you feeling good about where you are with it so far?

    ReplyDelete