Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day #224 - Happy Father's Day

I really cannot say enough about my Father and have posted a lot about how generous he is with his time and talents. He is a loving, generous, opinionated, high principled man, who may not be perfect, but is the perfect Father for me.

Mom made a fabulous steak dinner and Dad grilled them in the pouring rain with help from Travis. I have the best pictures of Dad in his "rain gear" trying to open the awning to get some shelter from the down pour. I got a new phone this weekend and I cannot figure out how to get the photos off it and onto the computer...I'll have to see if Trav can help me tomorrow.

There were only 3 of the 6 of us siblings there to honor him today and we all went in on a pair of binoculars for him. He has a pair buried somewhere in his man cave under who knows how many boxes and Mom suggested the gift because he is always spotting, or thinking he spots, something on the hillside when they are sitting out on the patio. Most of the time Mom tells him she thinks it is just a rock, but there have been sightings of lots of different kinds of animals in the neighborhood and he seems excited to try out the binoculars to see what he can find.

I love my Dad.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: ""When I was a kid, I said to my father one afternoon, 'Daddy, will you take me to the zoo?' He answered, 'If the zoo wants you, let them come and get you.'" -- Jerry Lewis

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't figure out how to get my pictures of my phone either. I just e-mail them to myself.

    Which means I don't take a ton of pictures on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HB, I swear you are always getting a new phone you cannot figure out how to get pictures off of. Am I making that up? Sounds like you guys got a gift dad will enjoy. That quote reminds me of the book I read, "The Glass Castle", the dad in that was just like that. Kinda funny, kinda insane. Leaves the kid scratching their head all the time.

    ReplyDelete