Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day #220 - Bird House

I bought one of Elaine's Bird Houses (reference post 219). Elaine's husband was an art teacher for several years and made bird houses as a hobby. He passed away 8 years ago and she has decided it is time to sell them. She held the sale in the neighborhood hoping they would remain close by, finding new homes and she would see them as she drove around.

I couldn't believe how great they are - EXACTLY what I was hoping to find someday to top my tree stump. For now it will sit on my porch until I can build an appropriate base for the tree stump to support the heavy house.

I LOVE the amazing Key Roof - Very clever. The wood is very old and distressed.
I will probably stain it this fall, but I like the old wood look. 


My new green chair for the entry to the house. 
I now have a place to rest when I am out working in the yard.  


Make that TWO places...


It was fun to get a few new things this weekend that make my home more inviting.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "It's so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to."  ~Annie Gottlier

1 comment:

  1. I love your bird house! Wow! What a roof. Can't wait to check that out in person. How much was it? I bet you wanted to purchase several. Was she able to sell them all? How many were there? Chairs look wonderful! Things are coming together nicely. Way to go HB. Spring is in the air.

    ReplyDelete