Tuesday, June 21, 2011

#225 - Phone Nerd Anyone?

I was starting a comment to my last post and it was turning into it's own post, so I decided to write about phone technology.

I am not exactly technically savvy, but I can usually figure things out in time. I try to avoid taking pictures with my phone, but it is handy in a pinch (when I forget to bring a camera). The problem is I can't figure out how to download to the computer. I have a photo card, but for some reason the card is not recognizing the photos and they are saved on my phone instead. I have a cord to download/connect to my computer, but it appears I will HAVE to read the instructions since it doesn't prompt or have an obvious button that magically transfers the photos...bother.

I am constantly amazed at new technology. My friend at work just bought a phone that lets her drag her finger from letter to letter to write a word instead of punching in the numbers; It is like technical cursive. Travis just set up the blue tooth feature in my car, now we can just push a button and tell the car who to call and a nice lady asks about twelve questions (OK only 3) then dials the number; but the hands can stay at 10 & 2 the whole time. Although, when we tried it out for the first time on Sunday, I felt so much pressure to say the number loud enough the lady kept hearing my 2's as 9's and twice I forgot the number I was asking it to call - Travis just shook his head and gave the nice lady what she wanted.

I am still resisting email and total access through my phone...sometimes I just don't want to be THAT available. I was watching something on TV the other night and a guy was predicting in 20 years we will put microchips in our bodies to heal our blood and cells from disease...Well, I might believe it if in 5 more years we have hover crafts like in Back to the Future II. I hope I get to see many more interesting inventions come to fruition. Very exciting times we live in.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: : "I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down." Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

  1. I love your quotes! That Abraham Lincoln.....What a man. That quote brought me right to tears. Very powerful - the high expectations of others ...the fact that someone else knows of your strength and potential and expects it from you.
    Your post.....yes, I am like you, have to be corned into learning something technical. Only after I have done all the guessing and screwing up of the new divice that I can do, only then do I turn to the instruction manual.
    Speaking of - my blog music started starting on its own again! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed - weird, you must have called it forth ;)

    ReplyDelete