Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day #217 - Wax On, Wax Off

I am a pretty hairy girl...I know, TMI...but really when I look back at my early 90's photos I often wonder why my Mother or my older Sister didn't suggest I get my Brook Shields eye brows waxed. One year Melissa actually got us to go get electrolysis on our upper lip. It took several sessions and was pretty painful, but the mustache was gone for a few years I think. It eventually made its way back and now I diligently keep it waxed. I decided to document it for you tonight:

WAX ON


WAX OFF



I don't really love waxing, but I don't really mind it either. I do like it the next day when I don't notice the hairy lip along with my giant pours in the 20X magnified mirror. My favorite part of waxing is to look at the wax strips after I pull the hair off. I used to let my sister Amy wax my arm pits and I LOVED looking at all that hair - I'm not sure why. Maybe to make sure the hair came completely out and the pain was worth the effort.

Anyway, right now my lip and brows are red and irritated, tomorrow they will be smooth and clean.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?"  ~Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Whoa....that was quite a bold documentary. um, in my defense, back in the day I myself didn't know what I was doing, let alone what you were doing w/ your eye brows....p.s. remember the Brook Sheilds barbie, I recall it having rather thick wide eyebrows....how were we to know that was not a good look? Man you know I am a waxer. Through and through. I am ready to get the Amy overhaul on my eyebrows, I maintain with plucking only w/ those, I don't do the real deal like you do (sometimes just along the top). Too scared to drip the wax in my eyelashes or something. Way to show it like it is. I hear we are going to the Nephi Stampede the weekend of the 15th!! Sounds really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day I can afford an all over lazer hair removal treatment...count me IN.

    I agree a rodeo sounds interesting and it will be a fun mini family trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - we will be there. HB

    ReplyDelete