Monday, October 31, 2011

Day #298 - Boooooooo

So...today was Halloween...at the office. We were told to decorate our cubicles for the special day. I didn't really see the point and was not feeling creative at all. I am really bummed because I took several photos just for you and I left the camera in my bedroom and Trav is sleeping already. I am doing my best to give him at least 3 solid hours at night before I go in and wake him up with my snoring. I am getting a bit of a head cold and it certainly adds gusto to the nightly snores...poor Trav.

My awesome effort at decorating...

ANYWAY, there is a guy I work with in the Marketing Department who went ALL OUT to decorate his cubicle. We all saw it going up slowly the two weeks before the big day and it turned out pretty darn cool. He made a castle out of cardboard. Picture will be posted tomorrow. It certainly made it hard to feel motivated to try to beat it...who would be able to?

Zee Castle...

Zee Castle Builder & Family... 

I went dressed as a cowgirl and everyone asked if I was Indiana Jones...what the heck? Since when does Indiana Jones have braids? What ever happened to just being a cowboy or a dog? Is it a given that I have to be a specific cowboy, like Calamity Jane, or a dog like Snoopy?

We had candy for everyone to bring their kids around in the late afternoon. It is always fun to see every one's kids and the way they have grown in one year. The only problem with work place Halloween is it is almost impossible to get any work done. The volume will all of a sudden go up 10 notches and people keep popping around the door saying "trick-or-treat" while I am on the phone.

"Indiana Jones" & Ethan (Holly's 1st born)...

Tonight we had 3 groups of kids come to our door for candy. 1 group more than last year. I saw a post on face book for a friend that bought enough candy for 700 kids...that is ridiculous. Given the choice...it is obvious, right?

I hope this post is not coming across negative. It was just a weird but good day and a quiet weekend. Nothing wrong with that.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween."  ~Erma Bombeck

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you....what is people's deal with "Brands".... "Name Brands"....who are you? I am a blankety blank. I don't get it, Who are you? Are you def, I said I am a blah, blah, blah....open your ears! (I don't want to give away what I was, I will post later). It is funny and cool that you were a cow girl, that is exactly what I planned on being until the night of, because I never ended up getting a cowboy hat. Kinda gotta have that one piece of costume to make it believable. Indiana Jones?? So he is the only cowboy on the face of the planet? The key word here is cowBOY. That is the first misstep of your guess folks.

    Usually you really get into Halloween don't you? It is ok to have an off year.

    The 700 for candy - totally lame. But what does this mean? "Given the choice...it is obvious, right? " apparently it is not obvious to me. I didn't want to ask....not if something is obvious....but I had to.

    People do go crazy don't they? The guy with the 2 week erection of his cardboard mansion. hmmmmmm, you thought a lot about this didn't you guy? Many an hour in preparation....how bout spending that time on your wife and kiddies?? Now I am going to feel pretty silly (terrible) if he does not have a family. Then I would have a whole different take on it. Hey, maybe he did the preparing with his kids?????? That's commendable.

    Sorry you are feeling sick. When you are sick why not sleep in another room for YOUR sake? so you can personally be comfortable and do your sick stuff w/out worry of inconveniencing the well? That is what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 700??? Holy snot. We managed to take care of everyone who visited my house (maybe five or six groups) just using my personal candy stash (we maybe forgot to buy candy).

    No junk food in my office. Next year I'm stopping by your office!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chilly - FOR SURE come by our office next year. There is always candy and we all sort of dress up. How can you forget to buy Halloween Candy?

    M - OK - I was nodding off when I wrote the post so - the OBVIOUS thing I spoke of is - I would OBVIOUSLY rather have 3 groups of kids, numbering around 20 total, than have 700 kids come to my house in the span of 3 hours. :)

    "the guy with the 2 week erection..." I had to read that sentence like 5 times before I got what you were saying...for a minute there I was pretty surprised. He does have family (see photo just added). It was pretty cool - just a colossal waste of time...or maybe not. He kept saying "It's for the children".

    I did Neti Pot just after I wrote this post and Travis informed me I was to do Neti every night from now on...it worked great and cleared my head right up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics, they sure add don't they? That castle IS something. I would be leaving that up all year if I was him. You look Awesome Indy!

    ReplyDelete