Monday, October 24, 2011

Day #294 - Synchronicity

Synchronicity happens all the time, we may just not always know it. Today I received a call from an Agent from Denver, CO. He said Nancy, from Denver's Relocation Department (Debi's friend at the office), told him to call me and find out if I could assist the daughter of a friend find a place to rent in Park City. I told him I would do what I could for her and gave her a call.

When I called Renee to find out what she was looking for I started to think about my basement studio apartment. Trav and I decided we wouldn't rent it out this winter and wait until we had the money to fix it up a bit and rent it out next year instead. I told Renee about several sites she can check for rentals and then I told her about our little apartment if she is interested in looking at it since it kept coming up.

It turns out she had a place lined up with two other roommates, but one decided not to come out to work at the last minute and the other rented with a few other friends instead, so she is out here with no place to go and no roommates to live with. She came to see the apartment and wants to rent it starting in November for 6 months. The even better part is she is working at the sledding park only miles from our house...it will be such a great commute for her.

Huh...Now I really have to clean it and get it ready, which includes: professionally cleaning the carpet, scrubbing the place down with pinesol, repairing the shower curtain bar, the broken screen on the window, the doors on the storage cabinets, replacing a damaged shutter, curtain for front door window and toilet seat. I think that will be the minimum.

When things like this happen it always makes me wonder what I am going to learn from it. Maybe it is "just" a blessing, but maybe I will get a bunch of life lessons out of having her here...I hope they will all be good ones.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "There is no such thing as chance; and what seem to us merest accident springs from the deepest source of destiny." ~Friedrich Schiller

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I love it when stuff like this happens. It may be nice having a female renter for a change....maybe? I am glad you were forced into getting your little apartment back into shape. That is usually how things get done around here.....do or die situations. It is neat the way it all came together.

    ReplyDelete