Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day #284 - Baptism

Today we got to attend our nephew, Archer's, Baptism. All of the Baptism's I have attended in the past were shared with a few other kids - Arch was on his own. What was cool about this is only his family was there and only his family participated in the program so it made it more personal for him. Mom and Dad said the prayers, Grandpa Drake gave a talk and directed the entire thing to Archer, Abbie (Archer's 10 year old cousin) gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost and everything went off without a hitch.


Afterwards, we went back to my sister Amy's house and ate breakfast casserole's (made by Mom of course), fruit and muffins. Delicious. It was fun to see Lance's sisters and brother w/their kids. That family has really grown over the last few years. It is hard to believe we knew them when they were snot nosed high schoolers and now they all have kids.



Does Lance have to look so serious?


My favorite was Lance's youngest brother, Josh's, baby (wish I got a picture of him). He is a Charlie Brown baby named Holden. What I mean by Charlie Brown Baby is he is round all over - perfect round head, round cheeks, round belly, round legs...chunckville and ADORABLE. He had dimples in both cheeks and I got him laughing so hard I was afraid he couldn't breath - it was awesome.

We also found out my cousin Jarom and his wife Maria just had their 8th baby who has down syndrome. No one wishes for a physical or mental challenge for any baby, but I know that child will be such a blessing to their family. I have thought about them all day and hope they will see the blessing in him - of course they will.

It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning - my Mom was hilarious, everyone was in a good mood and the only thing missing were the family members who couldn't make it...Missed you guys.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light?"  ~Maurice Freehill

3 comments:

  1. How Awesome! Great pictures, I love how you got tons of them. Nice move. Glad to hear it was such a special event. Wish we could have been there. Neat that it was just the family.....kinda unusual in Utah. Did Lance baptize and confirm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice necklace by the way....glad you are making use of mom's sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lance did baptize and confirm. Mom is so sweet - plus I like the bling she picks out for me and think of her everytime I wear it.

    ReplyDelete