Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day #292 - Speaking of Words...

A funny thing happened at the office today...

The Account I work on always gets the newest gadgets. They always upgrade to the newest Windows system on their computers and I have to wait 4 years to go from Windows 3 to Windows 7 at my office and they only did it then because our computers were no longer interacting with attachments from the outside, modern world (ha).

They had the phones first that forwarded their messages to their email and now the phone even shows all their missed calls even if no message is left. I will often get calls from people saying "I saw you called" and I WANT to say, "I would have left a message if I wanted you to call back" but of course I don't because I really don't mind. I always love it when I call a mobile number and hang up and then get a call back "you called someone at this number"...dude, I didn't leave a message because I realized I misdialed...:)

Well, today we discovered the phone will interpret and then print out the message if you ask for it, but I don't think my Rep will put all his eggs in that basket after what happened today.

Sheryle left him a message that said, "Hi Dave, I sent over the A2 for your signature and haven't seen it back yet. Please sign it and get it back to me."

The phone printed out, "Hi Baby, all the 842 'L' static sign butt on me."

I laughed sooooo hard. I immediately called Dave and when he picked up I said "Hey Baby" in my lowest voice. He asked me a question and I said, "whatever you want sweetheart"...I haven't laughed that hard at work for quite some time. It was lovely.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva JOKE: "Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with Battery." or how about, "what do you call a dog with no legs? It doesn't matter what you call him, he won't come."

3 comments:

  1. Lovin it! Sounds like you have a great group of work mates! That is wonderful. Enjoyed the jokes....I have got to use those on the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That message printout has become one of my favorite things! We've all been leaving messages to each other to see what happens.

    My favorite was an actual message that started, "Kristy, this is Erika" but translated to, "Kristy, this is City Cat." We like to imagine that's a super hero name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly Kristy - that thing isn't even CLOSE!!! You are lucky - I would love to have that thing in my office!! HB

    ReplyDelete