Monday, October 3, 2011

Day #280 - Hummmmm

I know it is time to say goodbye to the hummingbirds. I haven't seen one for a few weeks now and figure they are migrating South for the Winter. I read recently that they remember every flower they ever visit, so I am sure I will see them again next year. I tried many, many times to get a photo for my blog and finally came up with this one:


They are sooooo tiny. This one is actually pretty big compared to a few of them that came around this year. The most maddening times are when two come at the same time. They chase each other away and only 40 feet away is a 2nd feed station.

The best times are when they fly up close to your face and hover there looking you over. They have done it to us a few times and it is WAY cool. Their little heads turn from side to side and then they just fly away.

It is such a fun thing to invite nature into our space, especially since we basically took over nature's space. Sometimes, when I am feeling connected to the universe, I will sit and invite the birds to visit our home. It might sound stupid, but a little light meditation never hurt anyone.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "God loved the birds and invented trees.  Man loved the birds and invented cages."  ~Jacques Deval

1 comment:

  1. That is cool. In one of the book series the boys and I have read, "Fable Haven" the butterflies, dragon flys, and humming birds are actually beautiful fairies. To see them you have to drink a special kind of milk. I have thought of them as such ever since. Isn't that cool? Makes it that much more amazing.

    ReplyDelete