Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day #279 - It's Fall Again!!

Lot's to catch up on over the next several days...We have had friends visiting us and I transplanted some flowers this weekend w/Trav's help - Orchids, Poppy & Peony.  I have no idea what I am doing, but I figure I don't have much to lose since they needed to be thinned and moved regardless. I REALLY hope they live.

I have also been catching up on house work and tonight got caught up on the bills and so this is a short post, but on top of that I am getting sick again. I am not sure why it is that every time I go on vacation I get sick. It is like I finally relax and it lets the bugs in. Oh well - I have been taking over the counter cold medicine and so far, so good; plus tonight I did the ol' Netti Pot...we will see.

I don't know if I have mentioned that I bought 2 more birdhouses from my neighbor. She was having a garage sale about a month ago and I decided to go for the BIG birdhouse that I was trying NOT to buy last time. It actually looks pretty good in my entry way and I can just move it into the house when it starts to snow. I just love the style of these birdhouses and couldn't resist them.

In the meantime, the leaves have been changing and dropping to the ground and it is beautiful up here.


There is just something so wonderful about the change of the seasons. I know I have written of this before, but I can't help writing again how much I enjoy how we experience ALL four Season's in UT. Plus the other night the moose were in the front yard and we expect to see them often over the next month. Fall is here...Hope it lasts for a while!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."

4 comments:

  1. Every spring I think "Ah this is my favorite season." And then autumn comes and I think "No this is my favorite season." It's a perpetual cycle with me. I just can't decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem...it is the flowers for me. They don't last forever and each flower has it's own season, so I try to enjoy them all and just wish they lasted longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky. Things look the same here. Always. Grass might be more or less yellow or green. That is about it. I have to have gratitude for the cooler weather that is coming in though. Yesterday I had the windows open for a few hours. It is feeling a little brisker. That is something. Love the new houses.....how much was that big guy? I think it would be a lot of fun making bird houses don't you? The sky is the limit. I guess that is why it is a good hobby for retirement....you then have the time to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably paid more then I needed to, but it is sentimental, a unique art piece and I love it. I paid $100 and got the 2nd (really my 3rd) one free. Honestly, this was at a garage sale and she sudenly started saying I could take a bunch of stuff for free...I just laughed and told Elaine I would have to do my own garage sale if she didn't stop giving me all her stuff.

    ReplyDelete