Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day #282 - Dreams

So I have been having strange dreams lately.

Last night I dreamt an agent in my office came over to my cubicle and right in front of my boss, whose door opens right across the hall from me, if the rumor they heard was true about me moving to another real estate company...I said, "in my dreams"...ha ha, Just kidding, but that would have been a good one. Anyway, I played it pretty cool in my dream and just shrugged it off and said something like, "I'm sure if I was leaving the company, I would make an announcement when it was time."

I have also been dreaming about the book 'Atlas Shrugged'. It is REALLY good, but it is driving me berserk on many levels the main one being I want to know how it all turns out for these well developed characters. Last night I dreamt I was in a little red plane and it crashed in the mountains - wonder where that came from? Who is John Galt? :)

Dreams really are pretty interesting aren't they? And they are always pertinent to our lives in the preset time. My sister mentioned once she dreamt she lost her teeth - that is the only recurring dream I ever have...loose and broken teeth. I have also mentioned I recently developed a fear of heights...I think both of these indicates a fear of failure...probably should see a shrink about that.

Sweet Dreams - I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams." Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

  1. Ok, where to start, where to start....I just reread your "in my dreams" comment....first time through I thought you really said that in your dream....yeah, good one. Well, well, you really did play it cool in your dream, putting that co-worker right in their place....you will know when, and if everyone else knows....with my formal announcement. End of subject. BAM.

    What page are you on in A. S. ? What part are you on? Who is John Galt? That is a good answer for anything? Don't you think?

    I kept track of a dream I had the other night, it was so heartbreaking and felt so real. It starts with my trying to ride a very small bike up an extremely steep hill at night by myself. Next thing I know Hugh Grant (is he the one that was with Elizabeth Hurley?) is passing me on his bike and just going for it. We both end up having to walk the last part. He beats it out of there and now I am trying to make my way down a street that is full of gangsters, I am going as fast as I can and ignoring them but it is hard because I feel like I am riding in slow motion because my bike is so small....progress is slow and excruciatingly. I finally get to turn the corner and come to a store, I meet up with the kids there. This place is really cool, but I have a foreboding feeling. We all park our bikes and go in. This old shop is up high, kind of on an overhang of some kind, we can look down from the windows into a big pool area, it has a big ship, like Cherry Hills at one end, and is a wave pool of sorts. Beyond that is the ocean a ways off. The old lady store clerk offers the kids some candy from a bowl and then the children all want to go out on the deck and look around better. I let them, and remain inside looking out at them while I talk with the clerk. The next thing I know this huge tsunami wave comes... I can see it, but I cannot get out in time and it comes up onto the deck and covers the kids and they are trying to hang on to the railings with all their strength. Just before McCauley is covered she is screaming for me, her doll gets washed out of her hands I am stuck in the store because of the press of water and can't get out.....it was so horrible.

    Your quote: I will take a pass on "Being led by my dreams".....enjoy that with your loose and broken teeth buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) I hate your dream also...what a nightmare. I bet you woke up in a sweat.

    B) page 770 - Dagny just got back to New York. All I can think is "poor Hank". I think I have been feeling some of the same conflict that Dagny has w/the decision to go back to the world. Haven't we been taught all our lives to fight for right and not to give up on our fellow men? But at other times I wonder what her problem is. Also, don't you think it is interesting that God is NEVER mentioned in the book? Not even in blaspheme. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayn Rand is an atheist through and through. So with that knowledge, no it is not surprising. Weird.....and a bummer, but not surprising. Yes, many times I wondered what the heck Dagny's problem was. I got really frustrated. I felt bad for Hank as well, and Fransico, and, and, Dagny is THE woman to love. Sheeesh.

    ReplyDelete