Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day #91 - Safe

I just drove home in our first nighttime snow storm. Parley's Canyon is spooky when snowy. I am so grateful to have GREAT tires. It makes a WORLD of difference and gives me the confidence that is necessary to drive in snow. It wasn't too bad until I got to the top of the canyon and then I had no idea where the lines were or where the exit started. The plows do a pretty good job, but I am sure it is hard to stay on top of it.

Already today we (meaning Travis) helped dislodge a car from a snow drift (burm...there is a word for it...snow bank?) and snow plowed twice. The snow is super heavy today - really wet. Travis said the snow blower just pushed it instead of blew it away.

It is beautiful and peaceful if you can stay put, but I do not like to drive in it if I don't have to. We could have stayed at our friends house if we wanted to sacrifice our carpet to the dog, but we made it home, get to sleep in our own bed tonight and Bart held on until we got here. Good Boy. Many thanks tonight.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other." Carl Jung

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I do not like storm driving either. Very scary...but it is so beautiful like you said. Way to go Bart!

    ReplyDelete