Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day #92 - Dinner & a Movie

Two very ordinary things, but something to really enjoy and relax into. I had a hectic, frantic paced day today. It was a mad scramble to fit everything in that needed to get done. I am supposedly on vacation this week, but went in for a "few" hours today to catch up on a few items left undone last week and go to lunch with the gang from work on the bosses dime (very nice). A few hours turned into almost 4 and I still left feeling scattered. Needless to say by the time I got home, just to turn around and head back to Salt Lake, my upper back was in knots.

We decided to meet up with Matt and Kim to catch an early movie. Travis and I used to go to movies all the time. Mostly we would hit the Matinee on Saturday and sometimes we would catch a double feature. Today we just wanted to do something low key.

It was lovely to just sit there and absorb the show. Movies are great for letting the mind drift into unimportant focus. It is pretty difficult to think of anything besides the movie when the senses are so thoroughly engaged. It is too loud to talk, there is no pause feature and all the light is in front of you so all else seems blocked out (although Travis noticed 4 people walk out - I guess that doesn't bode well for our movie choice "Fighter". I can't think why people left unless it was not as fast paced as a fight movie is expected to be??). I loved just sitting there disengaging from the rest of the day.

After the movie we caught dinner and enjoyed our friends one more night before Matt goes back to Boston with Kim following in a few days. I think this week is going to go by fast. Thinking forward I believe most days are pretty full. It is good to have people to be with.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Every thought of yours is a real thing - a force." Prentice Mulford

1 comment:

  1. Saw Tangled yesterday. Loved it. The weeks, days, are fleeing by way too fast, just like every year. That is the biggest bummer! I always envision hanging out lots more with you. Our trip is always ending much too soon.

    ReplyDelete