Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day #82 & 83 - Clean Goodness

I didn't make it to the Blog yesterday, so thought I would do a twofer tonight.

Yesterday Trav and I ran an errand for my work. My boss contacted a company up here in Park City - Harry and David's - to set up a meeting for me with the store supervisor. I need to pick up some client gifts and that is where we decided to pick them up this year. When we walked into the store, located at the outlet mall, I could not believe how busy it was and I was befuddled at what to get. I located the person I was supposed to meet with and asked if I could come back this morning right when they opened so I could feel good about taking her time. She told me to show up 30 min. before open and she would let me do some private shopping....REALLY? How cool is that.

This morning I showed up right on time, again with Travis in tow, and she gave me some great ideas to choose from within the allotted budget. They even let us sample the goods...I was so impressed with her generosity and she made the experience very easy. Kathy gave me the invoice I need to pick up a check tomorrow and when she walked us to the door she grabbed a package of moose tracks to take home. I looked at her and said, "you are not giving this to us?" she just smiled and said, "yes, I am". WOW - I felt so good when I left that store...I think they might have clients for life. I will ONLY say GREAT things about my experience with Harry and Davids...and the product is DELICIOUS.

The other thing I am grateful for today is living in the Mountains above the inversion. The air up here is clean and fresh. Often when the inversion sets in I will drive down the canyon in the morning and watch the smog getting closer and closer until the colors all around become muted - there isn't necessarily fog, but it is dull. Sometimes the inversion is hard to see until it actually rains and everything turns bright and clean again. The news is saying the storm tomorrow should clear things out, but I am glad we don't need to worry as much about that up here.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continet." John Donne

So Trav told me the other day that blogging is a bit Narcissistic. I know Narcissism deals with self involvement, but because I like to be accurate when possible on my definitions, I looked it up:

Narcissistic: inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.

I'm not sure I agree to the extent of the actual definition, but I suppose one could argue blogging daily about ones life could be considered a bit self-involved. I liked the quote today for this reason - I like reading what my fellow bloggers write. I like to know what is happening in their lives and must relate to it on some level - we are all connected - right? I will try not to be too self-involved...:)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog so be narcissistic all you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, loved this post my dear narcissistic sister. That lady is a DAY maker. she is in the business of making days for people. People like that blow my mind and make me want to find ways to be like them. I WANT to make others feel just like they made me feel. I think the main ingredient to these people is their generous spirt. You make me want to go to Harry and David's. Was your order big? Spent a lot?

    ok, now, I will say that I have had to back down a little on my blog as well, because apparently, like Trav, Kev also takes issues w/ my time away from him while on the computer. He has literally turned into the computer Nazi around here. I "feel" like I have to sneak in my computer time. How hard could this be when I have several hours every day on my own? It is....with Christmas I am so dang busy w/ little projects. Do you find that also? I love them all, but I am struggling to get my narcissistic time in, my desk has been covered w/ coupons for several trips for days.....I am typing on top of the mess now. These are things I can push back. But I am getting the calendar pages done, and Deannes album pages completed. Visiting teacher gifts, and on and on. It is fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lori...

    M - My budget was $200 and I got it as close as I could. I didn't think it was that much, but she sure did treat me as if I was spending $5,000. It will be hard to go anywhere else for client gifts after that experience.

    Does Kevin read your blog? I enjoy writing the blog. I just hope it isn't boring, but it feels good to write about things. You will notice I miss a day here and there and try to make up for it, but if I am spending time with Travis, I have to let the blog go for a night...ya gotta have priorities right? :)

    ReplyDelete