Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day #80 - "Serious?...Seriously?"

My dear friend Kim always makes fun of Travis and I because we overuse the term "serious?"...For instance...If someone says, "I can't believe you don't believe me!!!"....I say "serious?" OR if you say something like, "Did you know the moon is in the sky?"..."Seriously?" Yes, it is obvious, but it is the same as saying, "really" or "like"...It is a term we overuse, but it is just "US". Take it or leave it.

I got home from work today and we were talking back and forth about our day and there was a lot of "serious?" and "seriously?" going on. It made me miss my friend Kim who constantly says "Heather, are you SERIOUS?" - no matter what absurd thing I was saying. I love that.

Sometimes laughing at myself is the best way to get over the "serious" issues. Why does everything have to be such a big deal? Maybe I should implement my "serious?" tactics at the office so everything is not so dire or SERIOUS. Seriously??? Does it really matter THAT much?

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." Mahatma Gandhi

Good quote for today's "serious" business.

1 comment:

  1. Too true....though sometimes it is hard to be convinced of the not seriousness of the thing when you are in the middle of it. Much easier to look back and see how unserious it really was. But yeah....a lot of drama could be saved.....

    Good Gandhi quote.....

    ReplyDelete