Monday, December 6, 2010

Day #84 - The Last Straw

I love straws. My teeth are very sensitive to cold so I used to drink water without ice - my teeth cannot take the hard cold bump of ice rocks and liquid filtering through the cracks and surfaces of my teeth. Just thinking about it makes my front teeth ache.

I finally bought some straws and use them for ANYTHING with ice. I go through straws like nobodies business, but at about $1.69 for a whole package they are pretty affordable. Then one day I ran out. Somehow I made one straw last for about a week and then SOMEONE threw it away. It could have been me in a week moment, but I have other suspicions.

Last week I bought 2 packs and put one in food storage. I don't have any other food storage to speak of, but I am prepared with extra straws...Proud of me Dad??

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves - there lies the great, singular power of self-respect." Joan Didion

1 comment:

  1. Hug, not only would dad proud of you...but me to. Way to be pro-active on preparing for your future.

    My kids also go through straws "like -nobodies - business" they do not like their vita mixes to touch their mouth. I buy the ultra cheapies I guess....about .59 cents a pack.

    ReplyDelete