Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day #311 - The Shut Down

I LOVE how everything just shuts down at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Today at work I got SOOO much done that has been waiting for attention for weeks - too long. There are still things to get to, but it was good to get some of it off my desk. I had 3 voice mails all day and answered maybe 3 other calls. My boss was out of the office this week and he only sent 3 reminders about getting our time cards done - 2 were sent after we had all done it already and Sheryle was out, so I had my quiet little corner all to myself. Now I get a 5 day weekend to enjoy - yes, I have Monday off as well.

This weekend is going to be busy - Thanksgiving day is slotted for tomorrow at Trav's Mom's house. I am bringing the yams and jello salad. Friday we have dinner at Jen's, Saturday we meet at my Mom's to do the Calendar and Saturday night we are meeting with our neighbors, which leaves Sunday to put up the tree. Don't ask when I will find time to clean the house...maybe Friday morning. So much to do and lots of memories to create.

The only bad thing about shut down is the literal shut down of stores when you realize you are missing that one thing you need to make the dish you are assigned to bring. And when is the library going to be open again? I need to get in there this weekend - will it be closed on Friday as well...or Saturday? Will Trav be able to go to the gym tomorrow? Doubts. I guess all will be revealed soon enough.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks."  ~William Shakespeare

1 comment:

  1. So how did it all pan out? Did you bring that pretzel, cream cheese salad? I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete