Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day #307 - Lady Bountiful

I started this blog as a way to express my gratitude for everyday things. I just started listening to a new book on tape called "the Last Light". I think it is about the end of the world as we know it. So far the electricity has gone out, but also anything electronic or static operated at all so the cars stopped running, no cell phones, no credit card machines, no radios and planes dropped out of the sky when the engines quit.

The people in the book had just landed on the runway at the airport and exited the plane when it happened. They were 16 miles from their house...I was driving to work today and thought about being 40 miles from home if the worst were to happen. It would take me a few days to hoof it from 90th S. to my house in Summit Park.

Books like this one help remind me just how many blessings float around me every day without a bunch of fanfare. I want to acknowledge them now, so it does not take the loss of those blessings to remind me they are there for me. My life is full of miracles and love - I am truly blessed.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Like a child, I ask for everything. God is Bountiful and Beautiful; He never comes up empty" Sir Guru Granth Sahib

1 comment:

  1. Very true. I am excited to see how the book pans out for you. Sounds like it may be a nail biter. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete