Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day #310 - Picture Pile

I printed off a bunch of photos this weekend in preparation of building my two pages of the Family Calendar this year. I was thinking the other day how great photos are and how accessible they are to most everyone these days. I suppose there are plenty of people that do not have easy access to a camera, but in my small corner of the world everyone has a camera or a camera phone.

I can access all kinds of photos at the click of a button on the web - If I don't know who Bradley Cooper is, I can simply look him up and figure it out. If I want ideas on how to wear my hair, I just look it up online. If I want to see what kind of dog my husband wants to get 'some day', I go to Google and check it out. It is pretty amazing and pictures really are worth a thousand words.

I was reading about Katrina (the storm in New Orleans) the other day and I thought about how many people lost their pictures in that storm. The family down the street lost theirs in a fire. A dear friend of mine lost all her photo albums in a storage unit that was repossessed during a really difficult time in her life - all the pictures she had of her kids as babies are just gone. I sometimes think the one thing I would grab in a fire is one of my photo albums...which one? It is unbelievable that I have a whole shelf dedicated to photo albums.


One of the books is JUST the pages from our Family Calendar that we do each year and is really the most updated book I have of my entire family. That would not be the book I would grab though because I have 6 back ups between my parents and my siblings that could be reproduced...I hope they keep them like I do. I think I would grab the green book - that is the start of my life with Travis and I would want to keep those memories the most.

I am just grateful I have the option to take photos anytime I want - maybe I will be able to find a few good ones to share with my family in this picture pile:


I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: " A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" Ansel Adams

2 comments:

  1. I think I am going to do that w/ the calendars....put them in a book. Great idea. Your albums look about as good as mine. All different shapes and sizes, looking sweet. But who cares right???? We are not looking at the cover.....we care about what is inside the book.

    That is a stack of photos...exciting!

    I just sent moms card and my small stack of pics to you. No pages.....sorry....maybe Josie can do our family pages....?

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU SISTA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will watch for the stuff...Have a great day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete