Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day #302 - School Clothes

This weekend Travis and I went clothes shopping for him. He HATES shopping almost as much as I dislike it. It did remind me of shopping for school clothes, which I used to love. We would start out with a limit like everyone could pick out 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, etc. and usually end up with more because Mom is Mom and we are her kids. It must have been very expensive to buy school clothes every year for 6 of us.

I remember one outfit very distinctly; not because it was super cool, but because it smelled funny...by 'funny' I mean gross, yucky, disgusting. It was a dark blue levi jumper - like culottes. I loved the way it looked, but I couldn't stand how it smelled funny. Even after washing it several times there was something wrong with that thing.

Anyway, we picked up 3 pairs of pants, 3 new shirts and 4 pairs of socks for Trav to wear to work. We went to only one store for all of it and then Trav was D O N E! No problem for me. I love how he is a quick and dirty shopper - "get in, get out and get on with your life" (whose slogan is that?).

I am glad we got it done since we have been talking about it for over a month. He is going to look great and it always feels so good to have new things to wear. That first day of school was ALL NEW, from the undies to the backpack and supplies inside...what a great day that always was. I hope Travis will feel new and improved tomorrow on the job.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: “Clothes and manners do not make the man; but, when he is made, they greatly improve his appearance.” Henry Ward Beecher

2 comments:

  1. Kev is the same way. Hates it!! He loves to shop and spend, but not on clothes for himself. Total waste of time. I love it. Shopping for anyone and everyone....me being top on that list of course. But I rein it is pretty well. Keep it in moderation. Only pounce when the deal is a true steal.

    That quote is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember whose slogan that is, it is very familiar.....but I can't quite place it. That is weird about that jumper. I also vaguely remember that. I have had stuff like that with a certain smell. What a bummer isn't it.

    ReplyDelete