Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day #304 - Good Days

I have been having a lot of strange mood swings lately...can't blame Aunt Flow this time. My temper is quick draw at work and my patience has been wearing thin. I can't blame the work load because this is the slowest time of year for me, but I feel that flash of impatience rocket thru me at the smallest things. I feel my eyes close and I take a deep breath so I can turn my head and smile at the offending party constantly reminding myself that I have love for this person and it is not his/her fault.

I have been doing the same thing with Travis and it is driving me BONKERS. I KNOW better than to take the bate of "the look" or the snarky comment and I KNOW better than to GIVE "the look" or MAKE the snarky comment - it is IRRESISTIBLE!! Oh, but the price is too high; the pie is too humble; the necessary time it takes to make amends - too long. How many times must I teach myself the same blasted lessons?

I am just now deciding I should try to get more sleep, maybe I am just tired. Today was actually a lovely day. I took one of my 10 days off today and did mostly nothing...well, nothing productive. I read a book, loaded the dishwasher, read my book, let the fireplace guys in the house to service the fireplace (which looks fabulous now that it is all clean again), made brownies for Mel's party tomorrow night, forgot to eat lunch (weird), went out to get my nails done (I got a French Manicure for the Holidays) and my toe nails painted (not nearly as good as my sister does, but still), made dinner when I got home (new recipe for chicken cordon bleu casserole) and proceeded to bait my husband into a foul mood to end the evening. Ah, well...all-in-all a pretty good day.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around." Bill Watterson

Ah - that explains it...:)

3 comments:

  1. Can I get your recipe for your chicken cordon bleu casserole? I made one up awhile ago, but I think I would like to try another one. Sorry about the bad mood. I have days like that where I am in a bad mood and it almost seems like I don't want to get out of it. Ahhh..... here's to the good days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, been there. McCauley asked me the other day, Mom, have you had a bad day today?" You seem really up set. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

    Then the kids were goofing around in the front room, I was in our bathroom, doing something very important I am sure.....plucking a hair or something. Lawson was calling for me to come in. I am like just a minute!! He kept calling....I was getting more annoyed by the second. I go in there all up in arms. WHAT?! WHAT IS SO URGENT? He was like, um, where is McCauley? I look down and she is hiding in front of the couch. I was like, you guys are so lame. That is called crying wolf! Kev was like, take a chill, they just wanted you to find M. Geeeeeeezzzzzz!

    We may both need to go serve someone, do something for someone else. Isn't that how this blog began? All of us have an off day now and then....sometimes even days. Glad you took sometime to relax and take care of yourself. I bet things will turn around soon.

    Can't wait to hear about the big party tonight. Hope you took lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi L - Yes I will send it to you tomorrow - there are two in the book I have and I will send you both. I will do my best to remember to grab it.

    Thanks both for the encouragement...the weekend turned out much better!!!

    ReplyDelete