Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day #305 - 40th Birthday - Mel Dana

I will mostly just post the photos for Mel's Birthday party expertly planned by my Brother Jason. We were all to write something to give to Mel to put in a scrap book her two daughter's made for her. I wrote "10 things" for Mel, since that is my thing this year and there was quite a nice stack of letters waiting to be added to the book. Jason went all out - there was a coffin in the front yard with signs on it, balloons inside and outside the house, several cakes and tons of ice cream.

The best cake was made by a lady Mel works with - it was a cruise ship named "chicken of the sea" in honor of Mel's love for her own pet chickens and Jason gave Mel a cruise for her birthday and to celebrate their 20th year of marriage next year.


Jason was so excited - it was really fun to watch him in action as the host of the party and taking charge, making sure everything went as planned. It took Mel a while to figure out that he had bought a cruise for her...she seems very excited. I couldn't really tell at first - I think she was a bit overwhelmed with all the attention, but she kept asking for details and rubbing her hands together later. Here are some other photos of the fam...



There was a great turn out for the party. Mel is a very well loved person and I am REALLY proud that my Brother did such a thoughtful thing for his wife. Mel mentioned to me at the party that she has often thought over the years if her kids would ever do those thoughtful and memorable things for her one day that we have done for our parents over the years (i.e. making a family scrapbook, family calendar, notes, etc.). I guess now she knows...

HAPPY B-DAY MELANIE


I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected." - Charles Lamb

1 comment:

  1. Weeeeeeeeeeee!!! The best picture is when Jas is looking down at Mel watching her reaction. Super Neat! All of it! I am happy for them. Thanks for the excellent photos. Love em. Man that guy is tall in the top one!

    ReplyDelete