Monday, November 14, 2011

Day #306 - 5 Words

My neighbor friend and I were discussing a book on tape I lent her ("Loving What Is") the other night when they came for a visit. She is going through this self discovery phase and has never read a 'self help' type book before....WHAT? Is that even possible? I have to admit this book would not be the one I normally would start with for a self help beginner - it is sort of mind bending. I can't tell if she is more appalled or enthralled by the ideas in the book...but she has been really funny to talk to about it and has been making people at work listen to it as well.

We got to talking about various aspects of the book and Trav joined us and listened for a while and then laughed a bit and said, "Kathy, you are just too cute." She objected lightly to the comment and we suggested he come up with a more interesting adjective. Travis tired of the game immediately, but Kathy challenged us to come up with 5 adjectives to describe ourselves to each other.

I am surprised how hard this was for me. Kathy whipped hers right out: Interesting, Creative, Entertaining, Memorable, Determined...to the last I said, "you mean 'stubborn' right?" wink...she is pretty stubborn. The whole point was to make ourselves feel good with ONLY praise/positive words...The only one I came up with for myself quickly was "Kind" - I told Kathy she took all the good words and then I redirected the conversation.

I would be interested to know what 5 positive adjectives you would use to describe yourself? Here are mine: Kind, Observant, Inquisitive, All Knowing (JK), Funny and right now SUPER tired.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "I'm Sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you." Robin Williams

2 comments:

  1. Exciting, Genuine, Thoughtful, Thrifty, Aware - these were my first thoughts, but as I am sitting here though, it would be easy to want to change them. I think I want to change Aware to Inclusive.

    Interesting....it is great she is soaking the book up. It is having an impact anyway. It is a good book that makes you want to talk about it and discuss and dissect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good words for you - i would have to add Empathetic, Creative, Industrious...off the top of my head. HB

    ReplyDelete